Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Swindling Contractors



swin·dle
(swĭn'dl) pronunciation

v., -dled, -dling, -dles. v.tr.
  1. To cheat or defraud of money or property.
  2. To obtain by fraudulent means: swindled money from the company.
v.intr.

To practice fraud as a means of obtaining money or property.

n.

The act or an instance of swindling.


con·trac·tor (kŏn'trăk'tər, kən-trăk'-) pronunciation
n.

  1. One that agrees to furnish materials or perform services at a specified price, especially for construction work.
  2. Something, especially a muscle, that contracts.
meaning derived from www.answers.com

Hate it when people swindle you, or someone for that matter of fact. I mean if you deserve to earn that extra bit of money, then so be it. But you should never try to swindle people. Try telling my brother's contractor that. The bastard has some nerve.

He's a fucking civil engineer who builds apartments and stuff and hearing that I am sure we'll all jump to conclusions that the dood is making enough money. But think again. He wants to swindle my brother, who btw, works for a call center and just ears a mediocre salary with which he can barely cover expenses of building a house. Anyways, my brother decided to step in and construct a house sometime back, approximately 8 months ago to be precise. That contractor of his has swindled him over every single thing. Right from material to marble. I have no clue why someone would resort to such cheap methods to make money by underquoting and then over pricing. But he did just that and him doing that pissed me off today.

When my brother, my dad and I confronted him the other day, he didnt know what to say. I mean, he was like dumbfound. None the less, I hope he feels bad and fails to sleep for a few nights now that he knows that we know that he's swindled my brother for money. He pisses me off btw.

No comments: